Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Opening a second bank account?

I am at university so have a student account. However, my loans and my wages from my part time job go into this account - I'd like to open another account into which I can put my own money i.e. not my loan, so that I can pay for food, living expenses etc from my loan on one card, and pay for clothes, other shopping etc from my wages on another card. What's the best kind of account to open for this and can anybody recomment a bank?? Thank you very much!



Opening a second bank account?

I like the Halifax. They have a good on line service and if you do need to call them they don't keep you on hold for ages. They also have good staff - that actually know what they are talking about!



Opening a second bank account?

Barclays, but they are all the same



Opening a second bank account?

you can open a current account at any bank for this kind of thing - you want one that will offer you a debit card and perhaps an overdraft facility. choose a bank which has lots of branches around your area so you don't get stuck.



Opening a second bank account?

Are you in the US?



Most banks offer an entry level checking account that has no minimum balance and no or very low maintenance fees. In fact, these types of accounts are aimed at college students and are often called %26quot;Student checking%26quot;.



Wachovia and Bank of America are the two that I've had experience with...not a problem with either one.



Opening a second bank account?

i fink u should have the first one and keep it but dont make another one coz it will be a big headache.



onece my father made a second acount then he had to check both of the acounts coz he didnt kno which money is gone to wit acount.



so i would say to just keep ur fist one.



or u can leave membership with the first one and have the second one. if u really want tohave a second one.



Opening a second bank account?

You want to make sure that whoever you go with doesn't charge you a monthly fee for having the account.



If they offer a premium/gold/special stay clear. Say you want a bog standard account with no charges.



Natwest charge me 鎷?2 a month for my advantage account, Lloyds have an account which costs 鎷?0 a month...



My joint account is free of charges and that is with Abbey National.



Opening a second bank account?

If you are in the US, try finding a credit union. These are banks serving communities and usually have a no-fee checking account. I have been a member of a credit union since college. I have had multiple accounts with them and have been pleased with the service.



Opening a second bank account?

Ask a friend for recommendation cuz other parts of the country wont have the same bank....look for an acct that is simple if you write ten checks or less a month and then it will be cheaper..tellers can help you out

No comments:

Post a Comment