Monday, October 26, 2009

Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

I'm a European Community national and I've been residing in the UK for the past 3 years. I've been recently admitted to Essex University and I'll start my undergraduate studies in September 2007.



I would like to know about the process of getting the government loan (鎷? 000, under the scheme 'study now, pay later') and does it have anything to do with my credit history?



The thing is that I've never worked in the UK, as I was dependent on my b/f for the past 3 years. I've never had a bank a/c in this country nor paid any utility bills, which means that I have no credit history in this country whatsoever. So, will this present any problem once I apply for a loan from the Student Loan Agency or my local education authority?



Can anyone enlighten me on the process of getting that loan, and does it matter if one has a credit history in this country or not?



Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

Contact the Student Loans Company - they have a website.



Your credit history is irrelevant, but you will need a bank account for them to pay the money into.



To be honest - what makes you think, without being a British national, that you are entitled to support from this country? Shouldn't you be applying in your own?



Check out the website would be my best advice.



Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

Me thinks that you wont get a UK student loan.



Its for UK citizens.



you should apply in the country that you come from.



Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

Sanjiv.....you should thank your destiny that your parents came from India or Pakistan and settled in this country; otherwise, you'd have been born into poverty-stricken streets of Calcutta, and you'd only dream of a UK passport. Personally, being Spanish, THUS European, I am more entitled to a British passport than you are.



Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

check with the university to see if you are eligible and they will help with your application if you are



Securing the Student Loan.....the Process?

you can apply for a loan with the local education Authority (LEA) Check out studentfinancedirect.co.uk, also hotcourses.com for possible scholarships and grants. For EU students the loan will only cover tuition fees, not living costs. And is not credit-based, and you can start to repay only when you earn a cenrtain amount of money (like more than 鎷?5000 a year)

No comments:

Post a Comment